Wednesday 20 January 2016

Lives & Times Duchess of York


To see how you can buy a copy of Lives & Times click here. ALL proceeds raised are donated to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity. The book has raised over £700 so far.

Over the course of the 18 months that it took to put the book together I had to get used to having my requests turned down. I came round to the idea of thinking that I had absolutely nothing to lose in asking someone to be in the book. The worst that could happen would be a "no".

A year or so ago I approached the Duchess of York to be in Lives & Times. I was helped with this by Dafydd Wyn Farr-Jones, a friend I have made through my fundraising efforts. He was actually a great help with, not only the Duchess of York, but also with Lorraine Kelly, who I did manage to meet and photograph for the book. Dafydd has beaten bowel cancer and does a huge amount of fundraising for Beating Bowel Cancer including regular auctions that feature items donated by celebrities. His next auction at www.wannadosomething.co.uk begins on February 4th.

I hadn't received a response from the Duchess of York until today that is. I received a very kind email from her office apologising for the delayed reply, thanking me for my request and sending best wishes to my mother. These kind of messages of support are wonderful and give me a real boost. Not one for missing an opportunity I did ask if the Duchess might appear in a new book if I decide to do another one! Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment