Saturday 22 August 2015

Mum's Birthday


Today is my mum's 79th birthday, and the photo is from last night when we went out for a bite to eat to celebrate. It's almost three and half years since mum was diagnosed with bowel cancer, and there is little doubt that without surgery and the excellent care mum has received, she would not be here today celebrating her birthday. She has kept such a positive outlook on life through the last few years, even during times of setbacks. She remains a true inspiration, and let's hope she has many birthdays to celebrate. 

Mum is one of the lucky bowel cancer patients who had the cancer caught early, and also to be able to have surgery to take the tumour out. There is no doubt these days people are more aware about bowel cancer, but there is still a lot of work left to do. Too many people are still dying who might have been saved with an earlier diagnosis. The stigma associated with bowel cancer remains and its signs such as checking your poo for blood!

The book is almost finished, and on course for a November 2nd release. I hope that it raises a reasonable amount of funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity, and as long as it plays a part in helping to raise awareness it will have done its job. I shall continue to promote the book in the lead up to its release, and do my small part in spreading the message about bowel cancer, I make no apologies for that.

My new website www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk is up and running, and the proceeds for every item I sell on it will be donated to Beating Bowel Cancer. The Lives & Times mugs I have had printed to go alongside the book are selling well on the website, but please if you could spare £8 to buy one I'd be really grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment