Tuesday 23 February 2016

Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Charity Book - Online Royalty Payments


When people buy the Lives & Times book from my website or directly from me, I receive the payment and I can immediately calculate how much money I can donate to Beating Bowel Cancer. It has meant I have been able to keep an up to date figure and make regular donations to the charity. 

However the book is also available to buy online through retailers such as Amazon, Waterstones and Book Depository to name a few. By having my own ISBN numbers for the various editions, the book is available to order from pretty much anywhere that sells books. Although I don't make as much per copy through these distributors it's still a vital part of the selling and fundraising process. I am very happy for people to buy the book in whichever way, and from wherever they choose.

I use Ingram Spark as my printer who print on demand, who distribute the books to the retailers, and of course me. To date I have not received any royalties from them, as they pay 90 days after the month end of sales. So initially it's quite a long wait until the money starts to come in. I have a rough idea of sales and royalties due by looking at reports. Today I got notification of my first payment. Two payments one from UK sales and one from sales in the United States. These I think are from the pre-sales of the book during November. So £16.91 is added into the fundraising pot, which takes the total raised past £875. I know there is more due, although I have to wait patiently for the next payment before I can add more funds to the total.

Mum goes into hospital next week for an operation on her left lung to remove the lower lob as part of her current battle with secondary cancer from the primary bowel cancer. I'd love for the book to go past the £1000 as I feel that as far as fundraising goes that will be mission accomplished. Of course there is so much more that the book can do is raising awareness and fundraising.

To see how to buy the Lives & Times fundraising book for Beating Bowel Cancer click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment