Saturday 20 June 2015

Putting The Book Cover Together


To read the introduction about the new Lives & Times book which is going raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity click here.

With my idea for the book's front cover pretty much decided, I have now turned my attention to the back cover. On the first book, Beating Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book, I left the back cover blank. This was as much to do with slightly rushing the publication, as to do with not looking into how feasible / easy it is. This is something I think was a mistake. With hopefully a hardback edition of the first book coming out later this year I will seek to put that right. So for the new book the cover is going to be the finished article with as much attention placed on the back cover as the front cover. For the last few months I have known what I would like to do, and I am now confident that I will be able to pull it off. So last night I was busy creating the picture board above from which I am putting images together to make the cover. These images give you a preview as to some of the people already photographed for the book. I will be leaving room on the back cover from some descriptive text, and I am hoping that will be able to have the finished cover ready in a few weeks time. It will be shown on this blog first.

Next up for the book I am hoping to be photographing an MP.

No comments:

Post a Comment