Monday 22 June 2015

Matthew Wright On His Bike


To read the introduction about the new Lives & Times book which is going raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity click here.

Television presenter Matthew Wright, from the Channel 5 programme The Wright Stuff, has been one of the most supportive people for the new fundraising book. We had great fun doing the photo in London last year, although I should add the photos I have used in the chapter in the book are minus the helmet and bowel cancer tie. Matthew sadly lost his father to bowel cancer, and is a great campaigner and supporter for bowel cancer charities including Beating Bowel Cancer. He immediately agreed to be photographed for the book when I asked him, and recently very kindly wrote a marvellous forward for it too. I spent a fascinating hour with Matthew, and his passion for bowel cancer issues is something I came to quickly admire and have complete respect for. 

I usually ask the people I photograph for a photo with the bowel cancer tie, as it gets posted on a Facebook group to help raise awareness about bowel cancer. It's interesting how different people approach this, and Matthew, for example, threw himself totally into it and had a lot of fun with it as you can tell. 

I can't believe that it is a year ago that I met Matthew to do the photo, but the wait for publication will soon be over...



No comments:

Post a Comment