Wednesday 24 June 2015

Member of Parliament


To read the introduction about the new Lives & Times book which is going raise funds for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity click here.

I spent an hour or so chatting to MP Nadine Dorries at Westminster this afternoon. A thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating time. I had never met an MP before let alone been inside the Houses of Parliament before, and if it hadn't been for doing the book I doubt I ever would have.

The chapter will cover how the meeting came about, the connection Nadine has to bowel cancer, and the full details about the afternoon. Over the last 18 months of doing this book I have learned not to prejudge any of the people I meet, and my instinct, from the messages I had exchanged with Nadine beforehand, was that it was going to be a great experience. It was that for sure. She was absolutely lovely, and really enthusiastic and supportive about the whole project, and was keen to find out how mum is doing. She even gave me some dating advice! :)

This really leaves with me with just one more photo to do. I am keeping my fingers crossed that  I am meeting Olympic rowing gold medalist Katherine Grainger at Henley next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment