Thursday 12 November 2015

Miles Hunt & Erica Nockalls From The Wonder Stuff On Board The Bowel Cancer Charity Book


To read the introduction about the forthcoming Lives & Times book, which will feature a chapter on Miles & Erica click here. All proceeds I raise will go to the Beating Bowel Cancer charity .

Back in March I went to meet and photograph Miles Hunt & Erica Nockalls from The Wonder Stuff at their acoustic gig at The Railway Inn in Winchester. They were really lovely, and I got to spend a few minutes with them shortly before they went on stage. Through the wonders of Twitter, Miles had quickly responded to my book request with an enthusiastic yes, and with the help of their manager Tom it was arranged for me to go to the Winchester gig to do the photo. I am pretty excited about the terrific photos I have chosen to use in the book. These will not be revealed here, so all I can show you here is one of the other photos I took from the gig, which is not going to make the book. You will have to buy the book and see for yourself of course :) I am now the proud owner of one of Erica's prints from her other job as an artist, and of Miles' book The Wonder Stuff Diaries '86-'89.

I had thought that when the time came to meet Miles & Erica, that it was going be the last photo I would be taking for the book, and that its publication would shortly follow. How wrong could I be? The photography continued all the way into October before I could finally draw a line under it all, and I am chomping at the bit to get the book out there. It's looking like a November 27th publication date. I think that it is now as good as I can make it...

Like so many people who have so very kindly given up their time to be photographed, Miles & Erica were great sports and posed with the Beating Bowel Cancer tie for the Facebook group that I am part of which is helping to raise awareness about bowel cancer. Have a look at the page here.





No comments:

Post a Comment