Thursday 12 November 2015

Radio DJ Mike Read & Dave Fenton From The Vapors Photographed For The Bowel Cancer Charity Book


I spent a highly entertaining and fascinating half an hour photographing and chatting to ex Radio 1 DJ Mike Read, of course not forgetting his Saturday Superstore show too :) We met up at BBC Radio Berkshire earlier in the year where he was presenting the afternoon show, and he was a great sport putting on the bowel cancer tie.

This was a great chapter for me to write as his nighttime show on Radio 1 all those years ago was something I always listened to while doing my homework. The chapter will also feature the little confession I made to him about an incident over 30 years ago when I told a little white lie that revolved around Mike and Dave Fenton, who was the lead singer in The Vapors back in 1980s. I went on to meet and photograph Dave in London a few days after meeting Mike, and that was another fascinating experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment