Monday 14 August 2017

Clare Grogan From Altered Images Supporting The Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Fundraising Book


I met up with the lovely Clare Grogan back in 2014 after she agreed to be in my bowel cancer fundraising book. She was performing an Altered Images set at Let's Rock on very hot summer's day in Southampton. The day turned out to be quite eventful, as for starters the chapter in the book describes how I managed to get myself thrown out of the press pit whilst photographing Clare and the band. After Clare came off stage I took a very special shot back stage after having had a chat with her. Clare's husband Stephen has had bowel cancer, and it was fascinating talking to her about our own experiences of having a family member with bowel cancer. Here's a photo I took during her performance that's not in the book.

Sadly since Lives & Times was published in November 2015, my Mum lost her battle with bowel cancer. She fought this awful disease with immense courage and great dignity, but she passed peacefully away in August 2016. The book has raised over £3250 for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment