Many people will know that I have been fundraising for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity since 2012. So who are Beating Bowel Cancer? On the charity's website you can find the following information on the Who We Are section. ALL proceeds raised from sales of the Lives & Times fundraising book will be donated to the charity. To see how you can order the book click here.
Beating Bowel Cancer is the support and campaigning charity for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
We provide vital practical and emotional help - on the phone, digitally and face to face. We're proud to run the UK's only nurse-led specialist helpline for bowel cancer which patients call a 'lifeline'.
We bring patients with bowel cancer together to share invaluable experience and support, through our website, social media and major events.
Our high impact campaigns have led to the introduction of the bowel cancer screening programme, which is helping save lives, as well as new funding and greater patient access to life-changing cancer treatments.
What we do
· We provide practical and emotional support for the growing number of people affected by bowel cancer
· We bring people with bowel cancer together to share experiences and create a powerful voice for change
· We promote early diagnosis of bowel cancer
· We campaign for the highest quality treatment and care for bowel cancer patients
· We raise money to fund our vital work
Our vision is:
A world where bowel cancer is beaten
Our mission is:
Beating Bowel Cancer Together