Tuesday 29 December 2015

STOMP Supporting The Lives & Times Bowel Cancer Charity Book


Alua Nascimento, pictured above with his copy of Lives & Times, is a Brazilian multi-instrumentalist who is appearing in the hit London stage show STOMP. It's the most experience that combines dance, comedy and music. Dustbins, brooms, kitchen sinks are all used to create a unique rhythmic experience. I contacted the show after I had been to see the production, and I was delighted when some of the cast agreed to meet me. I met Alua along with Paul Bend and Hugo Cortes one afternoon to photograph them for the book. The guys couldn't have been more helpful, and were happy to do some shots on stage with me before we had a long chat about their careers and the production. It was absolutely fascinating and made for quite a unique chapter in the book. I am not going to reveal too much here, but the chapter and photos are well worth a read...

The book fundraising tally for the Beating Bowel Cancer charity is now heading towards £700. The dream is to hit the £1000 mark, and with the kindness and generosity shown by everyone so far I believe that it is achievable. To see all the ways you can order the book click here. ALL proceeds are dobated to Beating Bowel Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment