Sunday 21 January 2018

Next Fundraising Target Is £4000

This month has seen the fundraising go past £3500, so the next milestone I am aiming towards is £4000. The support over the last two and a half years has been incredible, and even though the new book is a year or so away from being completed, I think that there is still plenty of scope for raising funds, most of which is done through sales on my own website www.bowelcancerfundraising.co.uk. The question is how can I go about raising the next £500? Here's how it could be achieved..

200 sales of the paperback edition of Lives & Times or 100 sales of the hardback.


4 copies of the limited edition silk screen print created and donated by Adam Green. I have one of these hanging on my wall, and it's superb.


200 Stop Bowel Cancer t-shirts - the latest edition to the online store, which are already selling well in a variety of colours, and only cost £8.


15 deluxe or 20 standard portrait photography sessions.


So onwards we go, and it might take a while, but with everyone's continued support I am sure we will get there. Bowel cancer is the second highest cancer killer in the UK with 16,000 people losing their lives to it each year. However, if diagnosed at an early stage, it can be successfully treated in over 90% of cases. Raising awareness about bowel cancer is key, as is increasing early detection rates. All proceeds raised from my fundraising are donated to Beating Bowel Cancer / Bowel Cancer UK. I have been fundraising for over 5 years now since my Mum had her first operation in 2012. Sadly she lost her battle with bowel cancer in 2016, but the fundraising continues in her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment